The Effective Team Development course is an intensive team development program for the whole team, including their managers.
Many organizations will prefer to run this course with their own teams, on their own premises and focused on their overall team development goals . However the option also exists to send your team to an “open” course to benefit from interaction with teams from other organizations.
Team participants can expect to:
- Understand the meaning of a team
- Improve individual and group productivity
- Build a high performance team
- Establish clearly defined team goals and develop a Plan
of Action to achieve them
- Determine clear roles and responsibilities within the
- Improve communication within the team, and much
Training Program Outline
Types of Teams
- Formal Teams or Informal Teams
- Characteristics of a Team
■ Membership is clearly definable.
■ Performance goals are well defined, clear and agreed.
■ Interdependency and collaboration are key to success
■ Identification changes the thinking from ‘I’ to ‘we’.
■ Shared values and principles unite the team.
■ Interaction and communication levels are high.
Stages of Team Development
Systematic Approach to Team Work
■ Scope and Expectations
■ Briefing, Training
■ Performing the Task
■ Monitoring and Reviewing
High Performing Team
■ Causes of low performance
Why Teams Fail
- Learn to identify the different types of teams & develop different strategies for leading them
- Recognise the different team development stages and behaviours
- Master techniques to manage teams at each stage of development, known as Forming, Storming, Norming,
- Performing & Adjourning
- Develop a range of great team building activities
- Gain strategies & techniques to ensure effective & productive team meetings
- Develop great team problem solving & facilitation skills
- Learn techniques to foster teamwork & create a supportive team culture