Coaching for managers
Good coaching and performance management leads to self-motivation and an attitude that is oriented towards solutions and continual improvement rather than problems and avoidance.
This course helps turn managers into effective coaches.
The course combines the essential concepts underpinning a coaching approach with practical exercises, reflection and discussion.
Who Will Benefit From The Course?
- Managers responsible for the development of others
- Team leaders and supervisors who want to get the best out of their people
- Line managers who want a structured and effective method of performing their monthly one to ones
- Line managers who want to develop their staff in their current role and also longer term
With The Help Of This Course Delegates Will Be Able To:
- Delegates will go away with a thorough understanding of the principles of coaching and management styles
- Delegates will go away with coaching models that they can use back in the workplace
- Delegates will understand the importance of ownership and how to take ownership of staff development and continuous improvement.
- Delegates will learn “What to say” and “How to say it” when providing feedback to staff.
- Delegates will learn the importance of non-verbal communication when performing coaching
- Delegates will be able to prepare, deliver and review coaching sessions so that they continually improve.
What is coaching
- how it differs from mentoring and counselling
- how coaching fits into management
- how a coaching relationship can make a difference
- GROW model
- different approaches
- getting started
The basic ideas
- focusing on outcomes
- asking effective questions
- listening fully
- overcoming fears
- supporting change
Module 5. Conclusion and feedback.