Decision-making-the act or process of deciding something especially with a group of people
This training helps you to:
- Create a context for making successful and ethical business decisions
- Identify common obstacles that stand in the way of effective decision making
- Assess the underlying issues related to the decision
- Generate and evaluate multiple alternatives
- Make a final decision
- Communicate and implement the decision
What is decision making?
Classifying Decisions – Using different systems to classify the different types of decision we make and prioritizing them accordingly.
- Decision making as a group process
- Three distinct phases
- The right context
- Qualified consensus
- Directive leadership
- Advocacy vs. inquiry
- Bias toward the familiar and toward past successes.
- Bias toward accepting assumptions at face value.
- Bias toward the status quo.
- Bias toward confirming our opinion
Identify your decision-making objectives
- Create new ideas
- Encourage productive dialogue
- Variables to consider
- Evaluation techniques
- Activity: Maximize your communication
- What to communicate
Conclusion and feedback.
Participants were better able to:
- Understand and evaluate the decision to be made and the potential outcomes.
- Classify the decision and what the important factors are.
- Follow a consistent, logical process for decision making that establishes the best decision every time.
- Structure their approach to making decisions.
- Evaluate options against set criteria and avoid typical decision making traps.
- Make better decisions as a team.
- Follow-up on chosen decisions to review success and improve future decision making.