Professional Life Orientation
Vocational Guidance for Schoolchildren
Vocational Guidance Session
The vocational training course “In Search of Vocation” is a training for teenagers from 14 to 17 years old: classes are conducted using game methods, modelling methods, use of diagnostic methods, group work methods such as discussion and idea generation (brainstorming) ), the simplest relaxation exercises.
Objectives of Training Session:
- IMPROVEMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL PREPAREDNESS FOR PROFESSIONAL SELF-DETERMINATION OF YOUNG STUDENTS AND TEENAGERS;
- INCREASE RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROFESSIONAL SELF-DETERMINATION;
- OVERALL EXPLANATION OF PROFESSIONAL SELF-DETERMINATION AS AN ALGORITHM, WHICH IS EASILY LEARNT AND MASTERED, AND UPON COMPLETION, CAN BE EFFECTIVELY USED AND PREVENT MANY MISTAKES.
The course is practice oriented. In the course of work, participants have the opportunity to:
- plunge into the world of professions;
- learn how to compile, analyze professiograms;
- analyze the current situation on the labor market and take appropriate decisions, taking into account the prospects and risks;
- understand the structure of professional activity.
- obtaining information about their abilities, personal characteristics;
- identification of professional inclinations;
- determination of the preferred professional sphere, future profession.
2. Why Do We Need To Choose Our Career?
3. Quiz: Diagnostic Orientation
4. Task: Associations
5. Brainstorming Session: Why Do We Need To Be Professional?
6. Discussion of Results: Motivation for Vocational Guidance
7. Role Playing Game (RPG): Career Guidance
8. Group Work: Business Ideas
9. RPG: Interview with the Employer
10. Quiz: Career Choice
11. Quiz: Work with Figures
12.Case Study: Assessment of Psychological Importance of Events (i.e. “Unsuccessful”, “Successful” and “My Real Career”)
Duration: 4 hours, 1 coffee-break
Number of participants: 15-20