This course will provide an intimate understanding of the Corporate Communications landscape and the elements involved in developing strategies to promote the work of your organization.
The course will offer tools and advice for anyone involved in corporate communications to deal with the balancing act of promoting and protecting the image/ reputation of the organization, communicating to the internal and external stakeholders, the public, doing media planning and strategies, event management, and using the new digital media for image creation and crisis management.
This training addresses problems and mistakes in building personal and professional communications. Testing is conducted to identify types of communications.
- Have a sound understanding of the general principles governing communications and the role of such a department in any organization
- Maximizing the potential returns of the Corporate Communications.
- Develop creative communication skills
- Use Strategic Communications to increase your organizational positioning
- Learn the techniques to listen actively
- Be able to manage and encourage constructive collaboration
- Understand what etiquette is and why it’s important
- Understand the “3 C’s” and how to use them to create a good first impression
- Know the “4 levels of conversation”
- Understand appropriate etiquette for open plan and cubicle environments
- Acquire the fundamentals of email etiquette
An introduction to Corporate Communications
- Why it is Strategic Communications
- The Elements of Corporate Communications
- Role of Corporate Communications in Corporate Culture
- Target Audience
- Forms – the Newsletter, e-mail updates, internal meetings
- Elements of internal communication
- Communication tasks
- Communication stages
- Ways of communication
- Types of communications
Exploring communication barriers:
- What types of communications do we face daily? What are the features of each species?
- What obstacles may arise and what are their consequences?
- What can and should be done “before”, “during” and what “after” in order to achieve the goal of communication?
- What affects the result of communication?
Conflicts and contradictions:
- Psychology of conflict
- Examples and methods of resolving conflict situations
- Emotions and mood: is it possible to control uncontrollable?
- Effective listening
- The art of asking questions
- Communicative flexibility
Communication and Leadership: 5 steps to establish an effective contact.
- Removing psychological barriers
- Finding matching interests
- Definition of communication principles
- Identification of dangerous qualities for communication
- Partner Adaptation
Business Email etiquette norms
- Business Email Etiquette
- Professionalism & emails
- Proper and improper use for forwarding and CC
- Grammar, flaming and netiquette